Thursday, February 12, 2009

Spicy Pork Chops


I got this recipe in one of my food classes in college from my favorite professor and mentor Shauna Shirley. Although it's called "Spicy" pork chops, I've always called it "Saucy" pork chops because it's not spicy, but it is really tender and saucy. This has become one of my favorite quick meals because I love anything I can throw into a crockpot and forget about, and the ingredients are ones I usually have on hand. It calls for pork chops, but really you can use any kind of pork or even chicken. I usually use boneless skinless pork ribs because they are super cheap at my grocery store. Also I always serve this over rice, but you can also serve over mashed potatoes for a really hearty meal.


Spicy Pork Chops
Recipe from Shauna Shirley

5-6 center-cut loin pork chops (or any boneless pork)
1-2 green peppers, cut in strips
1 onion (optional)
8 ounce can tomato sauce
4 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp vinegar
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
Put pork chops into crock pot. Add remeaining ingredients to cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Serve over rice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The flavors sound tasty, and I like that it can be whipped up in the crockpot!