Monday, August 2, 2010

Grandma Lill's Moist Zucchini Bread

(Repost with New Picture)
Here's another recipe my grandma would make for us when we were little, with fresh zucchinis from her garden of course. Everyone in my family prefers this zucchini bread to every banana bread recipe out there, and I know the reason why is because it is super moist and packed full of flavor (not to mention the good vitamins from the veggies) You can probably substitute some or all of the oil for applesauce, but I've never tried it on this recipe.


Moist Zucchini Bread
Recipe from Lill


1 c brown sugar
1 c white sugar
1 c oil
3 eggs, beaten
2 c packed zucchini (finely shredded with skins on)
3 tsp vanilla
3 c flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp nutmeg
3 tsp cinnamon


Preheat oven to 350 F. Blend the first set of ingredients together. Mix the second set of ingredients and then add to the first; mix. Put into 2 loaf/bread pans and bake at 350 for 1 hour. You can also do muffins or mini loaf pans too. Freezes well in a airtight container or ziplock bag.

7 comments:

Alisa - Frugal Foodie said...

I can't believe I hadn't found your blog before! I just saw it on Foodies Finest.

This bread sounds so easy and delicious.

LINDA OZAG...Photography said...

I used 1 1/2 c. sugar which made it too sweet. 2/3 c. applesauce, 1/3 c. canola oil. 1 1/2 c. zucchini & 1/2 c. carrot.
Keep on!

Bri.Adams said...

this bread was amazing! I added some honey because I didn't have any brown sugar, but it was still delicious :) I'll definitely pass it on.

Nicole said...

Bri.Adams,
Glad you like the bread! It's one of those recipes that has been in the family for so long I don't even attempt to make any other. :)
-Nicole

Kathleen said...

Good morning! Thank you for sharing this recipe. What size loaf pan do you use? 9X5? Thank you!, Kathleen

Nicole said...

Hi Kathleen!
Yup I use a 9X5 (9.25 by 5.25 to be exact) but I have also done muffins. A lot of times I will do one loaf and then the rest muffins because I love freezing muffins for an easy breakfast on a busy morning. This will do 2 loaf pans :)

Pandith Umesh said...

Thank you for sharing this nice article.For best astrology services contact us Best Astrologer in Defence Colony Delhi