Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Crunchy Chicken Fingers


I can't remember where I got this recipe from, but it's always been our family favorite chicken finger recipe. I love making them because they are easy to make, relatively healthy, and most importantly- my kids just gobble them up! (especially if you cut them up small so they look like chicken nuggets). Get the kids involved too! Mine love processing the cornflakes and my 9 year old daughter even makes these by herself when I let her.


Crunchy Chicken Fingers


1 pound boneless chicken breasts cut into chunks or strips
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 Tbsp honey
1 tsp yellow mustard
2 cups cornflakes, finely crushed
1/4 tsp salt
dash of ground pepper
ketchup, barbecue sauce or other dipping sauce


Heat oven to 400. In shallow dish, combine egg, honey and mustard. In another dish stir together crumbs, salt, and pepper. Dip chicken pieces into egg mixture and then roll into crumbs to coat. Arrange chicken on baking sheet lightly sprayed with nonstick. Bake 15-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked.

No comments: