Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Black Bean Salsa

I call this "summer salsa" because it uses all the yummy foods you can grow in a garden or buy fresh at the grocery store in the summertime. I am forever grateful to my friend Lyndsie for entertaining us one night with this salsa among other delicious foods, and for sharing the recipe with me! Since then I have made this salsa many times with quesadillas, tacos, fajitas, and just for a fun snack. I am in love with this salsa, and so are my kids. They don't even realize all the veggies they are eating! A few notes: you can also add green, yellow or red peppers or chopped up avocado, but I think it's tasty as is. F.Y.I- "Good Seasons" is made by Kraft Foods and I gave them a phone call just to double check their product. They say there is absolutely no dairy in their Italian Dressing Packet.

Black Bean Salsa
Recipe from Lyndsie Field

5 roma tomatoes, chopped
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
2 ears of corn, cooked and cut off the cob
4 green onions
1 bunch of cilantro, chopped (about 1-1/2 cups)
squeeze of lime

Dressing:
1 pkg "Good Seasons" Italian Dressing
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar

Mix everything together in a big bowl and then pour dressing over the top. Stir well because the dressing will settle at the bottom.

1 comment:

Holly Weston said...

We love this at our house too! I discovered a similar version three or four years ago and can't get enough of it! I'm glad you posted it!