Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Succulent Steak

I made this steak last night for my husband's birthday, and I couldn't even wait a few days to post it. I'm not a huge steak lover so I usually end up pouring steak sauce over the steak. This steak doesn't need any sauce because the flavor is amazing and it's so tender!  I used petite sirloin steak (figured it was still cheaper than going out to eat for his birthday) and grilled them over medium heat for 6  minutes per side. Perfect to make for father's day!

Succulent Steak Marinade
Recipe from Melanie @ mykitchencafe


1 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup pineapple juice
3 garlic cloves crushed or finely minced


Combine all ingredients thoroughly and use as marinade. If marinading steaks, I marinade the meat overnight (about 12-14 hours) before grilling.

No comments: