Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Broccoli Salad

This is the salad my mom has at every barbecue event and it is fabulous! I'm really not a colslaw fan and neither are my kids, so this is a great alternative. There are so many different flavors in this salad and combined it's just perfect! Don't make it too far in advance or you might end up eating the entire thing yourself, trust me. :) I served mine as a side to pulled pork sandwiches.

Broccoli Salad
Recipe from Melody Blaser

4 cups of uncooked broccoli, cut up in bite size pieces if neccesary
1 cup celery, chopped
1/2 cup green onions, sliced
1 cup red grapes, sliced in half or thirds
1 cup green grapes, sliced in half or thirds
3/4 cups sliced almonds
4 strips of bacon, crumbled or about 3 Tbsp bacon bits
 
Dressing:
1 cup mayonaise
1/3 cup sugar
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
 
Whisk dressing together until it is smooth
Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl and mix. Pour dressing over and stir.


2 comments:

CraftyMom said...

I just found your blog and I wanted to say THANK-YOU!!! I have a 16 month old who is allergic to dairy and your recipes look amazing! Can't wait to start trying them out. :)

Nicole said...

CraftyMom-
That just puts a huge smile on my face! I'm sorry about your babe being allergic to dairy, but I'm glad you ran into my blog! Hopefully you will find some good ideas. Email me if you ever have any questions or anything