Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Hotdog Mummies

I'm sure you've seen this idea before because it's been around a long time, but I just had to share anyways. I started making these when I was student teaching a high school cooking class. The high school students loved them just as much as my little kids do. I made them tonight with refrigerated bread sticks, but they didn't taste as good as when I make them with crescents. You can also just use your favorite roll or bread stick recipe as well if you are worried about different allergens in the prepared stuff.

Mummy Hotdogs
package of hot dogs
refrigerated crescent rolls
ketchup and mustard

If you are using the crescent rolls take them out of the package (they will be in the triangles but still together) and press the seams so you have one big sheet. Take a pizza cutter or a knife and cut strips about 1/2-1 inch wide. Take one strip at a time and wrap around each hot dog leaving a little spot for the head and eyes to stand out. Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes until the dough starts to brown. Once you take them out of the oven you can make little eyes with some mustard. (I used a toothpick)

No comments: