Thursday, May 21, 2009

Italian Chicken and Tomato Pasta Toss


Okay so I know I've been slacking on my dishes lately, but between swim lessons and getting our yard landscaped, quick and easy is about all I have time to do! Besides that- if a dish takes 20 minutes, looks beautiful, and tastes like quality Italian food, then why should you bother with doing it any other way? This meal is exactly that- and it looks so pretty to entertain with too. I bet it would look even prettier with fresh basil, but I used dried. I'm also trying to get my family onto whole wheat pasta, but for now I'm doing half whole wheat and half regular and they don't even notice. :)

Italian Chicken & Tomato Pasta Toss
Recipe adapted from Kraft Foods

4 cups medium curly egg noodles, uncooked
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
1/3 c Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing (Kraft or any variety)
2 cloves garlic, minced (or about 1 tsp garlic powder)
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil (or 2 Tbsp + 2 tsp dried)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese (as the recipe calls for, but optional)

Cook noodles as directed. Meanwhile heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium high. Add chicken and cook for 6-10 minutes or until cooked through, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes, dressing and garlic. Cook and stir 3 more minutes or until heated through. Add basil and stir to combine. Drain pasta. Toss with chicken mixture and sprinkle with cheese if desired.

No comments: