Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Crispy Red Potatoes

I love love love these red potatoes and make them quite often. My kids just eat them right up dipped in ketchup of course. Perfect complement to any grilled meat this summer. I found this recipe a few years ago, and that's when I realized the trick to getting crispy (and fully cooked) potato wedges- boil them first. Also I make these so much that I make a huge batch of the seasonings and put them in an empty season jar labeled "red potato seasoning". That way you just toss the potatoes in the olive oil and sprinkle to your own liking whether you want the flavors hot or mild.

Crispy Red Potatoes
serves about 4

8 red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into wedges
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 Tbsp paprika
1 tsp chili powder

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large pot bring 8 cups salted water to boil. Boil potatoes 2 minutes. Strain and toss the potatoes in a bowl with oil. Add seasonings. Place on greased cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden crisp.

No comments: