Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pumpkin Muffins

 Looking through my recipe box I realized I had 4 recipes for pumpkin bread/muffins. Determined to find out which was best I made all 4 recipes last night and held a taste testing. The winner was my favorite pumpkin bread I already posted here, but this recipe was the runner up so I decided to post it too since it makes a little bigger batch and is really easy to remember. Chocolate chips are optional-I usually make up a pan of muffins for the kids without the chocolate chips, then add chocolate chips and pour the rest in a bread pan. Also you can substitute applesauce for the oil too if you want to make it a bit healthier and I always use fresh pumpkin (how to here) but you can use canned plain pumpkin as well.

Pumpkin Muffins
Recipe from college-can't remember who!

3 cups pumpkin (either fresh or canned plain pumpkin)
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil or applesauce
4 cups sugar
6 eggs
4 3/4 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp of each:
                       baking powder
                       baking soda
                       salt
                       cinnamon
                       nutmeg
                       cloves
1 cup chocolate chips (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour into greased muffin tins and bake 20 minutes or greased bread pan and bake for 45-60 minutes.

No comments: