Tuesday, January 10, 2012

No-Bake Energy Bites

My sister posted these on our other blog we have and I tried them today. They are super yummy and quite addicting I might say! I thought they would also be a nice healthy snack for the kids since I'm trying to sugar-detox the whole family after the holidays :) Perfect for allergies since there's no dairy and no egg. The Enjoy Life dairy free chocolate chips are perfect for this because they are already mini.

No Bake Energy Bites
Recipe from Brooke Salcido @ Four Sisters' Kitchens

1 cup oatmeal
1 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup honey
1/2 cup mini dairy free chocolate chips
2 tsp vanilla

Mix everything together really well. Let chill for about 30 minutes. Roll into balls and enjoy! Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container (they'll keep about a week)

No comments: